Since you were little, you enjoyed playing with makeup. When you were younger, you got play makeup and smeared it on yourself and your dolls. As you got older, at slumber parties, you enjoyed giving make overs to your friends. As an adult, you love to experiment with all of the different looks you can do with makeup.
So how do you decide if this career path is for you? While you love doing makeup, you don’t know if this is what you absolutely want to do for the rest of your life?
What Is Permanent Makeup?
The first question we want to answer is what is permanent makeup. It’s an excellent question and even the people who love makeup are sometimes not aware of what permanent makeup is. Permanent makeup is a beauty method. It’s a specific technique that people use who want to enhance features on their face such as their lips, eyelids, eyebrows, or their skin. Many people get permanent eyebrows because they have been lost due to overplucking, lack of shape/color, older age, chemotherapy, or diseases. Permanent makeup is an option to help people gain confidence, ultimately helping them look and feel better about themselves again, which is the BEST “job” in the world!
What Are the Benefits of This Career?
The first benefit of going into this career is that the training doesn’t have to be a lengthy experience when you train with Salina at Symmetrically Beautiful by Salina. With our easy-to-go-through training process, you’ll be able to learn a lot while also completing the program in a sufficient amount of time.
When you decide to train with Symmetrically Beautiful by Salina, you can expect a few things. First, you’ll learn an immense amount of information that will help to propel you forward into this career. Salina has been in the beauty industry for over a decade, so she knows a thing or two about permanent makeup. With our experience, we’ll guide you through what you need to know about permanent makeup.
Another benefit to working in this industry is you can get paid very well! For an established permanent makeup artist, an average salary can range between $50,000 - $100,000+ a year. The reason people make such great money in this industry is because you are in a specialized field that many people want to take advantage of. From celebrities to older women, there are many people who want to take advantage of tattoo makeup to make them feel better about their appearance. Since there are so many advantages of getting tattoo makeup, it’s a high demand service. In addition, you’re self-employed and you don’t work on a salary. Essentially, your business is up to your discretion.
Lastly, you have the benefit of helping people feel better about themselves. Many of the people who come to a permanent makeup artist want to fix the areas that they struggle with and make them feel self-conscious. Everyone feels uncomfortable in their own skin at some point and now with permanent makeup you can give them the opportunity to feel better about themselves. While you’ll get people who want to make their morning regimen easier and save on money for makeup, you’ll also get people who want to feel better about themselves.
Ask Yourself Some Questions
Now that you know the benefits, take the time to ask yourself these questions before you decide to sign up for the program at Symmetrically Beautiful by Salina:
There is no ‘one size fits all’ brow look. Your eyebrows are determined by the shape of your face. Do not be afraid to talk to Salina about the look you want and what may be the most appealing brow to best define your face. What brow look is right for your face?
1) Oval Face: You can enjoy the benefits of most brow shapes. An evenly balanced and groomed brow is ideal, but subtle arch is nothing to shy away from for this particular face shape.
2) Square Face: Your face boasts many alluring angles, so you may not want to overdo it by adding even more defined angles with your brow. Go soft with a nicely rounded brow. This will keep all of your face’s features appealing to your onlookers.
3) Round Face: You can play with a nice high arch to help define the features of your face. Be bold! Few faces have this luxury, so take advantage of the full high-arch and wear it well.
4) Heart-shape face: You want your brows to define your delicate jawline. Play with a well-defined arch, but make sure not to go too thin. Fuller brows are actually your best friend. Focus on keeping them well groomed, but not over tweezed.
5) Elongated Face: You enjoy elongated features that add great characteristics to your face. Instead of opting for a high arch, go for a subtle brow that extends long rather than high. Be sure not to extend farther than the corner of your eye. This will maintain balance for your facial features.
This is just a few examples! Having a thorough consult, discussing desired looks and taking a conservative approach is the best advice Salina can give you or anyone else considering new eyebrows!
Unfortunately, not all clients are good candidates for permanent makeup due to their compromised skin condition or pre-existing medical conditions.
Salina does offer patch testing if you are concerned with allergies with any products used. Patch tests must be completed PRIOR to your appointment and at least 24 hours passed to ensure no allergies are present.
If you have any of the below conditions, you MAY not retain color well and may not be a good candidate for the permanent makeup procedure. Consultation prior to booking an appointment is recommended if you have any concerns!
If you are any of these medications, you may have excessive bleeding and the color may not retain well:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.