Think of your permanent makeup as a couch that’s placed near a window or outside: the more it’s exposed to sunlight, water, and other elements, the quicker it will fade. The same will happen to your permanent makeup over time, although it’s unlikely that it will ever fade away completely.
There are a few ways to keep your permanent cosmetics looking fresh, including:
• Wear SPF whenever you leave the house. Slather on a sunblock that has a minimum SPF of 45.
• Don’t exfoliate the area with the cosmetic tattoo.
• Use Vaseline over the makeup to protect it from fading when you go swimming.
• Expect to make appointments to enhance or refresh the tattoos. You’ll also want to do this if you want to change the color or style of your permanent makeup, or give yourself an overall new “look.” The lighter the color of the permanent makeup, the quicker it will fade and the more touchup appointments you’ll need.
• Use mild topical products and if you notice that a product is quickly fading the tattoo, switch to another product.
• Avoid having processes done to the skin, like facials and skin peels.
• Some medications can speed up the fade rate of permanent makeup. If you regularly take a certain medication and you think it’s making your permanent makeup fade quickly, talk to your doctor about switching medications.
How often you need to get your permanent makeup touched up depends on a lot of factors, but typically, these are the timelines for touchups:
• Blonde makeup and light taupe makeup should be touched up every ten months to one year.
• Medium-toned brown makeup needs to be touched up every year.
• Dark brown and black makeup tones need to be touched up once every one or two years, depending on how quickly the makeup fades.
Don’t believe a cosmetic tattoo artist who tells you that you won’t ever need a touch up! Even the most skilled permanent makeup specialists know that it’s impossible that a client will never need a touch up. The fact that permanent makeup fades has nothing to do with the skill of the person applying it.
Have additional questions? Comment below or contact me!
1/24/2023 06:31:03 pm
This is a great post
Leave a Reply.